Last Updated: May 13, 2016 Views: 268
Persons with mobility impairments can access the Library two ways
- East Entrance: There is a ground-level entrance to the Library through a plaza on the East side between the Library and Rees-Jones Hall. The north side of the plaza is at sidewalk level, while the south side is a few steps up. A ramp at the southeast corner of the Library building offers to access the south side of the plaza. The doors on the plaza open to the ground floor of the Library during all hours that the Library is open, although TCU ID card access is required after non-TCU visitor hours are over.
- Northwest Entrance: An entrance with a ramp is on the northwest corner of the library near University Drive. A button near the accessible entrance activates a buzzer at the Library Services desk. Desk staff then activate the automated door mechanism to allow entrance. This ramp is not available from midnight to 7AM; use the east side entrance during this time.
Non-TCU patrons can check the library's hours to see the times during which they are admitted to the building. There is handicapped parking on Lowden Street and in nearby parking lots and a shuttle service through campus, but visitors to campus first need to arrange a parking permit through the TCU Police Department.
Click on this map of the Library entrances to open a larger version in a new window.
- Two elevators are in the southeast part of the building
- One elevator is in the stairwell on the north side
- One (very small) elevator is on the west end
Persons requiring assistance in retrieving and/or photocopying materials should contact the Library Services desk at 817.257.7112 for assistance.
Software and tables in the Information Commons
Height adjustable tables are located in the Information Commons computer lab and are indicated by the wheelchair symbol signs on the surface. To have a table adjusted please inquire at one of the Information Commons desks and computer lab staff will gladly assist in raising the table height as needed.
Specialized software is maintained at a single location in the computer lab.
Closed circut television
A closed circuit television (CCTV) is located in the Music/Media Library Audio/Visual Center.
Ask a Librarian
Call the TCU Library Reference Desk at 817.257.7117 or find who you want to call in the staff directory
Chat with Us
Chat online with a TCU Librarian
Text us at 817.962.2544. Standard messaging rates apply.