Answered By: Tracy Hull Last Updated: May 16, 2016 Views: 25
Faculty members may:
- Place single copies on reserve (print or online reserves) for a class. Consecutive use of the same material across semester (e.g., placing the same article on online reserve in both fall and spring) requires permission from the publisher. (See the reserves guidelines for how the Library handles permissions requests.)
- Make multiple copies for reserve or distribution to a class provided:
- The text is brief (not exceeding 2500 words in prose or 250 words in poetry).
- The need for multiple copies is spontaneous - meaning:
- You do not have time to write for permission from the copyright holder
- Spontaneous instances do not exceed nine per semester
- The number of copies does not exceed the number of students in your class.
- Each copy includes a note of copyright.
For more information please contact the Library Services: Circulation Department.
Ask a Librarian
Call the TCU Library Reference Desk at 817.257.7117 or find who you want to call in the staff directory
Chat with Us
Chat online with a TCU Librarian
Text us at 817.962.2544. Standard messaging rates apply.