Last Updated: May 17, 2016 Views: 60
Faculty can use images to support students in learning key concepts about important people, places and historical periods as well as in creating student coursework and exams. Students can use images to improve presentations, projects, and research assignments.
- This database offers pictures and graphics from the press.
- AP Images would specifically benefit Journalism History, Photojournalism, and Photography.
- AP Images has a searchable collection of photographs and graphic images dating back to 1826.
- The collection includes international news, United States or domestic news, financial news, and sports news. It features showcases which highlight past events, artists, or celebrations.
- Only 5 people in the TCU Community can use this database at the same time.
- Any discipline can benefit from the images in this database.
- If you register for a free account and use ARTstorHelp, you can create Image Group folders and can add notes to the images.
- These images can be included in presentations using PowerPoint or using OIV, a tool similar to PowerPoint that ARTstor offers.
- Art History as well as Design, Merchandising, and Textile will benefit from these images.
- Features works from around the world ranging from the prehistoric times to the present in various mediums
- Those studying environmental and community development, history, and geography would benefit from images provided in the Digital Sanborn Maps collection.
- The maps can be manipulated and magnified.
- The maps provide extraordinary detail on the structures and streets of Texas cities
A note about citing images:
Because faculty and students are using images that another person produced, it is important to appropriately cite the images according to a citation style. See this LibGuide page for further links to guides for citing images in different formats.
Ask a Librarian
Use our online form.
Call the TCU Library Reference Desk at 817.257.7117 or find who you want to call in the staff directory
Chat with Us
Chat online with a TCU Librarian
Text us at 817.962.2544. Standard messaging rates apply.