Last Updated: Jan 14, 2020 Views: 92
The Government Documents collection is housed in several locations within the library. If an item is found in the catalog, the record will indicate where it can be found.
United States, Texas and European Union documents (including electronic documents) published after 1976 can be found in the library catalog. Some older materials can be found there as well. These can be searched by title, author, or subject in the same manner one would search for other materials.
The TCU Library also has many documents that are yet to be cataloged. These can be found by SuDoc number, TXDoc number, Library of Congress call number or by using one of the many indexes available to patrons. The Government Information and Reference staffs are always willing to assist. Please contact the Research Help/Reference department via email or at 817.257.7117. Walk-in help is also available at the Research Help desk (research help desk map) or at the Library Services desk (library services desk map).
- Government documents are available to ANYONE, not just TCU students.
- Electronic government information sources can be viewed by EVERYONE in the TCU Library.
- If TCU does not have the government document you are looking for, we can get it from another library. Ask for details at the Library Services desk (library services desk map).
- Help is available to assist you in person, by phone, and by e-mail. Don’t be afraid to ask!
Access to the TCU Library for Non-TCU Patrons
- You can come to the TCU Library until 8 pm (7 pm on weekends) and stay until midnight (8 pm on weekends). Check the hours page for special and holiday hours.
- You must present ID and sign in at the front desk.
- Parking permits and information are available from the TCU Police department (phone: 817.257.7930).
Access to Library Materials and Services for Non-TCU Patrons
- Most government documents can be checked out with a TexShare card. You can get this from your public library.
- ANYONE can look at government documents or electronic resources in the library whether or not they have a card.
- ANYONE can request government documents from other libraries whether or not they have a card.
- Items other than government documents may have restrictions. See the Visitors and TexShare Patron Services page.
- Computing services such as internet, word processing and wireless are not available to the public.
Ask a Librarian
Use our online form.
Call the TCU Library Reference Desk at 817.257.7117 or find who you want to call in the staff directory
Chat with Us
Chat online with a TCU Librarian
Text us at 817.962.2544. Standard messaging rates apply.