Last Updated: May 17, 2016 Views: 232
As a distance education student, you can have TCU Library materials mailed to your home address. In order to do so, please follow these steps:
Getting set up
- Setup your Interlibrary Loan (ILL) ILLiad account to indicate you are a distance education student by doing the following:
- Log onto ILLiad
- Click on the "Change Personal Information" button on the bottom
- Provide your complete home mailing address
- In the "Authorized Users" field - write DISTANCE STUDENT
- Once that is complete, you are setup to receive materials via mail. Please be sure to update your information if you move so that we send the materials to the correct address.
- When searching in FrogScholar, find the books you want, click on the books you want, and put them into a folder.
- Once items have been added to your folder, email them to your personal TCU email account, and then forward to: firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, phone number, and home address.
- The items will be mailed to your home address with the due date indicated.
- A pre-addressed envelope will be included with the book. Send the item(s) back using the envelope.
- The student and/or faculty member is responsible for the return postage.
- Be sure to allow enough time to get the item back to ILL in time for it's due date.
If you identify an article that is not available electronically but the library owns a print copy, you can request the item via our Interlibrary Loan system ILLiad. The article will be emailed to the address we have on file in the ILLiad system. If you need expedited service, try contacting your subject liaison who may be able to scan the article and send it via email.
Ask a Librarian
Use our online form.
Call the TCU Library Reference Desk at 817.257.7117 or find who you want to call in the staff directory
Chat with Us
Chat online with a TCU Librarian
Text us at 817.962.2544. Standard messaging rates apply.