Last Updated: Dec 11, 2019 Views: 606
The Lizard Lounge is limited to faculty and graduate students. They may access the room by swiping their ID cards at the door.
When not reserved for events, the Lizard Lounge is available continuously for drop-in use by TCU faculty and graduate students whenever the Library is open (subject to holiday and other special hours).
The room is intended to support academic themed events such as:
- poetry readings
- viewing TED Talks
- other sessions of interest to faculty or graduate students.
The Lizard Lounge is not intended for classroom use or movie watching.
Reserving the room
TCU faculty and graduate students may request the Lizard Lounge for an event by submitting the Lizard Lounge Application for Event Use. On the form, describe the purpose, number attending, catering plans and technology needs for the event. Please leave the room ready for the next event.
Equipment and facilities
- The Lounge comfortably holds up to 30 people.
- It contains comfortable chairs and tables and pews from the church where Randolph and Addison Clark preached.
- The west wall has custom-made displays celebrating TCU's history.
- The Lounge is equipped with a wall projector that supports AirMedia, as well as direct connections to laptops.
- The Lizard Lounge is situated immediately next to the Library Bistro to encourage those using the room to bring coffee, sandwiches, etc. from the café.
If you want to serve alcohol in the Lizard Lounge at events, you must first contact the appropriate official for permission.
Ask a Librarian
Use our online form.
Call the TCU Library Reference Desk at 817.257.7117 or find who you want to call in the staff directory
Chat with Us
Chat online with a TCU Librarian
Text us at 817.962.2544. Standard messaging rates apply.