Last Updated: Jan 15, 2020 Views: 159
Currently all 3D printing materials will be provided free by the TCU library.
3D scanners are available to TCU students, faculty, staff, and must remain in the Fab Lab.
- The 3D printers and laser cutter/engraver are available for use by TCU students, faculty, and staff.
- Please check in with the FabLab supervisor or staff when entering the lab.
- All users must comply with TCU Network and Computer Usage Policy at all times.
- All 3D printers and laser cutter/engraver will be available on a “first-come first-served” basis. Approval to operate equipment must be obtained prior to use.
- Lab supervisor or staff will provide brief training before you’ll be allowed to use the equipment.
- Please follow all instructions and directions given by TCU library staff members. Failure to do so may result in dismissal from the lab.
- Food and beverages are not permitted near the 3D printers, 3D scanner, laser cutter/engraver or HP Plotter.
- Failure to operate the equipment safely and as directed by staff will result in a loss of access to the equipment
Pickup Procedure and Other Information
- Items can only be picked up by the individual who printed them. (Must show I.D.)
- TCU library staff members will notify the requester by email once the item has been printed and is ready for pickup. Items not picked up within 14 days will become property of the library.
- The TCU library cannot guarantee the quality, accuracy, privacy of the design, or a specific time of completion.
- Items printed on the library’s 3D printers or manufactured with the aid of the laser cutter/engraver must be produced for lawful purposes. The 3D printers and laser cutter/engraver may not be used to create material that is:
- Prohibited by local, state or federal law.
- No firearms or other weapon-related objects may be created using the 3D printers.
- In violation of another’s intellectual property rights. For example, the printers will not be used to reproduce material that is subject to copyright, patent or trademark protection.
- TCU library staff members reserve the right to refuse any 3D print request.
All students must comply with the Student Code of Conduct listed in the Student Handbook.
If further information is needed please contact Brad Trussell at firstname.lastname@example.org
Ask a Librarian
Use our online form.
Call the TCU Library Reference Desk at 817.257.7117 or find who you want to call in the staff directory
Chat with Us
Chat online with a TCU Librarian
Text us at 817.962.2544. Standard messaging rates apply.