Last Updated: Jul 12, 2022 Views: 13
Students or former students who have authored a TCU dissertation, thesis, honors paper, or similar work may request an author name change for the online copy of the document in the TCU Library repository. Subject to the requirements below, the TCU Library will honor all such requests and no reason need be given for the name change.
- The request must come from the author themselves and not a third party.
- An author must first change their name with TCU registrar's office, following their regulations.
- Complete the name change through the registrar's office.
- Send an email to the TCU Library at email@example.com along with:
- Your correspondence with the registrar's office showing that the name change is official with their office
- An updated PDF of the dissertation, thesis, or honors paper that shows your current name. Only your name may be updated, which most frequently appears on the title page, vita page, and abstract page. Corrections unrelated to the name change are not permitted.
- In the body of the email, please state your current name, your prior name, and the title of the document.
- This only affects the online document in the TCU Library's repository and any metadata associated with the document. If the document is also part of ProQuest Dissertations and Theses, then the author is responsible for submitting a separate request to ProQuest for a name change.
- Completing the process of updating the repository can take time. For fastest service, please submit your request as soon as possible.
Ask a Librarian
Use our online form.
Call the TCU Library Reference Desk at 817.257.7117 or find who you want to call in the staff directory
Chat with Us
Chat online with a TCU Librarian
Text us at 866.998.2428. Standard messaging rates apply.