What accessibility services are offered at the library?
Persons requiring assistance in retrieving and/or photocopying materials should contact the Library Services desk at 817.257.7112 for assistance.
Closed circuit television
A closed circuit television (CCTV) is located in the Music/Media Library Audio/Visual Center.
- Two elevators are in the southeast part of the building
- One elevator is in the stairwell on the north side
- One (very small) elevator is on the west end
Persons with mobility impairments can access the Library two ways
- East Entrance: There is a ground-level entrance to the Library through a plaza on the East side between the Library and Rees-Jones Hall. The north side of the plaza is at sidewalk level, while the south side is a few steps up. A ramp at the southeast corner of the Library building offers to access the south side of the plaza. The doors on the plaza open to the ground floor of the Library during all hours that the Library is open, although TCU ID card access is required after non-TCU visitor hours are over.
- Northwest Entrance: An entrance with a ramp is on the northwest corner of the library near University Drive. A button near the accessible entrance activates a buzzer at the Library Services desk. Desk staff then activate the automated door mechanism to allow entrance. This ramp is not available from midnight to 7AM; use the east side entrance during this time.
Non-TCU patrons can check the library's hours to see the times during which they are admitted to the building. There is handicapped parking on Lowden Street and in nearby parking lots and a shuttle service through campus, but visitors to campus first need to arrange a parking permit through the TCU Police Department.
Click on this map of the Library entrances to open a larger version in a new window.